Friday, February 15, 2008

Christy--By Catherine Marshall

I read this book a long time ago (in high school) and Watched the Mini-series on TV back in the 90s. It is fiction based on the auther's mother and her experiences as a 19 year old school teach in the backwoods/mountains of Tennesee. Among all of the experiences with teaching school, she comes across two men who both fall in love with her and she has to chose between the two. The end of the book leads you to believe that she chose a certain man, which as the reader you get the impression is the right man, who really loves her. But, if you read Catherine Marshall other novel, Julie (which is based on Catherine Marshall's experiences as a teenage girl) you find out that her mother, Christy (Names have been changed this is not her mother's real name) really married the other man. I am so mad, why would the author make it seem like she chose someone other than the author's father. The mini-series goes with the feeling that you have at the end of Chirsty and has her marry the "Right" man. If you want to know more you will have to read the books. They are both very good dispite all that I have said and Christy is not just a love triangle story their is much more to it.

1 comment:

KAT said...

I guess I should get around to reading that