Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Christmas





We had a really nice Christmas full of family and fun. Kids woke us up bright and early (I mistakenly told them 6am was wake us up time; next year I think I will say 7am). We opened presents enjoyed each others company for a few hours and then went to my mom's house. We were able to see and visit with each of my brothers. My sister didn't make it out for Christmas but she was here for Thanksgiving and it was fun to visit with her that day. We had Christmas dinner which, on top of the yummy ham and turkey, also included some yummy perogies. If you don't know what perogies are you missing out. Here is a link with a sample perogie recipe: http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/recipes/r/pierogies.htm

After dinner and some relaxing and basketball playing we headed to Calvin's brother's house for some more food and fun. Tyler had a blast playing with his cousins and we all had a good time and left just in time to go to bed. We are very grateful for generous family members and the time we were able to spend together this and every Christmas.

No comments: