Monday, March 2, 2009

Tyler Funnies

I told Katie when I started this blog that I would not be very good at it, so I guess I have just been trying to prove my self right. Anyways I have a lot of other things that I need to blog about, hopefully I will get to them soon, but I wanted to post this now while it was fresh in my mind. Tyler is growing up so fast and really has a grasp for how to make me laugh. He is a really funny toddler. I thought I should start writing down some of the funny things that he says before I forget them altogether. WARNING: These things may only be funny to the mom of said "toddler"; This blog is in no way responsible for the reaction of each individual reader. We reserve the write to continue to post things related to said "toddler" even if the laughter is contained only to the walls of this home. (OK that is just a taste of my "trying" to be funny so if that doesn't scare you off then I don't know what will)


From this morning:

Tyler takes Previcid first thing in the morning. He has to take it on an empty stomach and can't eat anything for 30 minutes after taking it. He has been taking this for quite some time; since he was about 18 months. Now that he is older I can reason with him a little bit, but when he was younger we had to rely on distraction. We would spell the word E. A. T. to each other so that I could communicate with the rest of the family that the subject of food was taboo at the moment so that no one else would ask for anything or try to eat something around him. Well it is not exactly necessary anymore, but is kind of a habit and so sometimes I have been spelling it to Tyler when he is done with his term of probation and today he tried to spell it to me. I thought it was funny; he said "A T T E". He got the right letters, which I think is pretty good, since I had not spelled it to him that time. He is now happily E. A. T.ing his bowl of cereal. :)

From about a week ago:

I was putting Tyler to bed and his pants were falling down. He was trying to stall me putting him to bed and as he is trying to pull up his pants he said "I have a crack in my pants". He proceeded to laugh and laugh at his own little joke. I laughed at it too and then turned out the lights and left the room. He was still laughing at his joke as I walked down the hall way. If you don't get it, I will just say that his dad likes to point out the fact that his diaper is about to fall off by telling him that his "bum" crack is showing. Anyways it was funny to me. There was at least one other that I wanted to write down but it happened days ago too and I can't remember it at all.

1 comment:

KAT said...

He's a smartie already trying to spell to you.